Spiegel & McDiarmid LLP seeks a full-time Legal Assistant with solid academic credentials and excellent skills in communications, proofreading, and research to join its legal assistant development program starting in the late Spring (May)/early Summer (June) 2023.
- Work closely with and provide general support to attorneys.
- Actively and attentively listen to and report on regulatory commission meetings.
- Respond to research requests.
- Maintain case document databases.
- Assist in the preparation of briefs and pleadings, consisting largely of cite-checking/proofreading.
- Identify and assemble documents relevant to case issues.
- Monitor cases and agency filings for attorneys and clients.
- Prepare reports for attorneys and clients on industry trends, updates and deadlines.
- Participate in team discussions of case strategies.
- Assist in discovery and trial preparation.
- BA/BS degree with excellent academic credentials.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical, writing and proofreading skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Research experience is a must.
- Litigation experience in a law firm environment a plus.
- Willingness to take responsibility for assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- 0-3 years of experience. Two-year commitment required.
- Must be available to work Monday-Friday in a collegial, teamwork environment and be flexible for overtime when needed.
Spiegel offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package, including Metro-accessible offices in downtown DC. Position is currently a hybrid work arrangement requiring local DC Metro area residency.
It is an essential job requirement to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for this role. If you need an accommodation of any kind for religious or disability reasons, including related to this job requirement, please contact Human Resources.
Applicants only need apply by submitting a cover letter, resume, transcripts and a writing sample to the Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Spiegel is an EOE/M/F/V and an e-Verify participant.
Spiegel & McDiarmid LLP
1875 Eye Street, NW, Suite 700
Washington, DC 20006