Spiegel & McDiarmid is currently seeking Paralegal candidates for 2018. This is an excellent opportunity for entry-level candidates who seek to experience law firm life and gain hands-on experience.
- Work closely with and provide general support to attorneys;
- Attend and report on regulatory commission meetings;
- Respond to research requests;
- Maintain case document databases;
- Assist in the preparation of briefs and pleadings, consisting largely of cite-checking/proofreading;
- Identify and assemble documents relevant to case issues;
- Monitor cases and agency filings for attorneys and clients;
- Prepare reports for clients on industry trends, updates and deadlines;
- Participate in team discussions of case strategies;
- Assist in discovery and trial preparation.
- BA/BS Degree w/excellent academic credentials.
- Strong analytical, writing and proofreading skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Research experience a must.
- Litigation experience in a law firm environment a plus.
- Willingness to take responsibility for assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- 0-3 years of experience. Two year commitment preferred.
- Must be flexible for overtime when needed.
For more details, see our Paralegals page.
Qualified candidates should submit résumé, cover letter, transcript and writing sample to:
Lisa Jacobs, Director of Human Resources
Spiegel & McDiarmid LLP
1875 Eye Street, NW
Washington, DC 20006
Spiegel & McDiarmid participates in the E-Verify program